Wednesday, August 10, 2011

a new look + craft time!

Hello friends!!!
I am so sorry it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. I have been working on many things but none are quite ready to feature on the blog yet. BUT exciting things have been happening around here!

-- "and it was all yellow" has a new look!! Yellow and grey, because I am currently obsessed with the 2 colors together :) I am very pleased!!

-- MY ERIN CONDREN PLANNER HAS ARRIVED. I could not be more happy with how it turned out!!!! It is PERFECT and the cover is, of course, yellow and grey... haha, I have a problem. Here is a picture of the cover:
love, love, love it!

-- Randomly my good friend Caitlyn and I got invited to go to Louisville this weekend for an Admissions recruiting trip and needless to say, we are SUPER excited!!! I'll let yall know how it goes :) 
 
In other news, today my baby sister left to go to college for her sophomore year :( I already miss her so much!!! As a goodbye gift, I made her this "framed burlap jewelry holder" that she's been wanting me to make. I followed this tutorial here but gave it a few of my own touches that I'll talk about further down! I sadly do not have a before picture but it was just a plain black picture frame that I got from the thrift store for 99 cents. Here is the after picture!



and there it is! Her name is Shawn, hence why there is a large "S" stenciled on there. This was super simple to make. I just spray painted the frame, cut a piece of burlap the size of the frame, stencilled an S on there, and then hot glued the rolled tshirt flowers to the frame! So simple! For further and more detailed instructions, visit this tutorial.

In the tutorial, the lady used a fancy die cut machine to make the stencil. But, I don't have one of those so I just printed a "S" off the computer, cut it out, and used the paper left over as the stencil. It worked perfectly! Just a suggestion for the stencil in case you don't have a machine to make a stencil for you :)

Oh and did I mention this project was super cheap! The frame was 99 cents at a thrift store (All Things Possible Bargain Center in Murfreesboro) and I already had everything else I needed at home!

Well I think that's it! Let me know if you have more questions about this project... I will be more than happy to help! Keep checking back because very soon I will have more exciting projects up that I have been working on! Love you guys so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment