Sunday, August 14, 2011

wreaths wreaths wreaths

Hello everyone!
Well I am back from a wonderful weekend in Louisville! It was exhausting but so much fun! This was my first time in Louisville and it is SUCH a fun town! I absolutely loved it :) OH and there was this fabulous antique mall/flea market that Caitlyn and I found and it was wonderful! I got so many great things that will end up on the blog at some point!

So since school starts back in a WEEK (crazy!), I have been crafting away since I know I won't have much time to at school! Recently, I have been obsessed with wreaths on Pinterest. There are just so many cute ones!!! I'll share a few of my personal favorites then the one that I ended up making.



OBSESSED with this one... because it's yellow and grey of course!

I LOVE the bow on this one... not sure how the rest of the wreath is put together though!

IMG_5161
love love love... but would take FOREVER to make

LOVE the burlap!

for when I'm a teacher! so cute!

precious!

LOVE all 4 of them!



and this is the one I decided to make! :)

So also on Pinterest when I was looking for an inspiration for my wreath, I found a great way to make a cheap wreath form! The foam wreath forms that you find at craft stores can be very expensive. So instead go to the plumbing department at Home Depot or Lowes and grab a six foot long piece of foam tubing for $.97!! Snip the length you want with scissors and duct tape the ends together. Voila! You have a really inexpensive wreath form. Such a great idea!

This is what the foam tubing will look like except MUCH longer. This was after I had already cut off the piece for my wreath. Then you just duct tape the ends together and you have a wreath form!

and here is my wreath after!!! I LOVE IT! As I mentioned, I tried to make it look like the one above but I added my own touches and made it look a little different.

Here's a close up of the flowers I made. I also used burlap and made a few burlap flowers.

and another picture of the flowers!



This project was so easy! Once I made the wreath form out of the foam tubing from Lowe's, I just wrapped the foam tubing in an old tshirt and then hot glued it down. Then I made my rolled tshirt flowers and hot glued those on there. Then I tied a huge ribbon bow on it and that was it!! So easy!

Price breakdown:
-foam tubing from Lowe's: $0.97
-everything else (tshirts, ribbon): FREE

So this cost $0.97 total!! So awesome! So give this a try because it was easy, so much fun, and looks great! Happy crafting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment