Sunday, August 28, 2011

the return

Hey friends!
First, I am SO sorry I have been a terrible blogger. Things have been CRAZY around here since school started and I'm trying to figure out how I am going to manage it all :) However, crafting and DIY seem to be my sanity and escape these days so I plan on keeping these up which also means I'll be blogging about it! So no worries-- I'm not going anywhere!

So this project that I'm featuring today I actually made about a week and a half ago. I just haven't had time to blog about it yet! So here you are! This project was inspired by many different projects that I found on the internet as well as by a couple of things I already had.

___________________________________________________________


The Magnetic Board Cookie Sheet

This is the AFTER picture :) I love it!! It was pretty simple to make also. I was inspired to make it by this project here although they made their's a chalkboard and I just made mine into a magnetic board. I first started with a plain cookie sheet that I got at The Dollar Store for $1. I spray painted the cookie sheet a tiffany's blue with spray paint I already had. Then I attached some brown craft paper I already had (but could also be found at The Dollar Store) with Mod Podge. I just cut a piece that would fit the inside and brushed a couple layers of Mod Podge on to it with a brush. NOTE: The brown craft paper doesn't make it magnetic or anything... I just liked the way it looked. The cookie sheet itself is magnetic so you could put no paper or paper on it depending on how you want it to look.

Here is a picture of the magnets I already had at home that inspired me to make this magnetic board out of a cookie sheet. I just really wanted to use these magnets but they weren't really powerful enough to hold anything on the fridge. I made these magnets last year after my friend Michelle showed me how. They are so easy, cheap, and cute! Here is a tutorial here on how to make them.

I chose to embellish my magnetic board with some book page flowers! Since I already had the books and hot glue gun and sticks, these were free and so easy! You can find a tutorial on how to make them here and here.

and this is just a close up of another magnet and the picture I have on my magnetic board right now. I love this thing because you can put pictures on it or receipts or coupons or whatever you need to keep track of! Love it! Then to hang it up I attached twine I already had with hot glue to the back and tied it in a bow.

So overall, this project cost me 1 dollar for the cookie sheet since I had everything else I used at home already. So cheap! If you used an old cookie sheet you already had at home and then you had the other things as well, this could be free! That would be exciting!

___________________________________________________________


and there you have it! :) I already had a couple of other projects that I have made that I just haven't had time to blog about so be on the lookout for those soon as well! Love you guys! Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers as always! 


No comments:

Post a Comment