Monday, November 21, 2011

update on life + Christmas craft

Hello friends!!

First, I am so incredibly sorry for the lack of updates and crafts on my blog. I have still been crafting but I just haven't had the time to sit down and put it on the computer unfortuantely! Let's see if I can fill you guys in on what I've been up to since August 28 AND show yall a new Christmas craft I just finished! :) Life since August 28.....


September:

My good friend Emma got married and it was gorgeous!

I took my last 2 PRAXIS tests and.... PASSED THEM!!! Yay! I have finally taken and passed all 4 of my PRAXIS tests :)

Bid Night and Delta Omega's 8 beautiful new members!

October:

One of my best friends, Sarah Grace, and I went to multiple yard sales and found some great stuff! 

More great yard sale finds!

absolutely beautiful sunset at Lipscomb!

Bell Buckle Craft Fair for one weekend in October. I love the craft fair with my grandparents so much!

I was Mary Poppins for Halloween!

I took a new little for Delta Omega! Her name is Anna Spain and she's PRECIOUS :) These are all of the goodies I made her/bought her.

Part of my Delta Omega family! 2 of my littles, Anna and LauraBeth, and then my newest grandlittle, Bekah!

My newest little (Anna) and I went to a pumpkin patch! It was SO much fun!

I LOVE these pumpkins and actually bought the blue one for myself :)

On October 30, MY ROOMMATE GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!! SO SO SO EXCITED FOR HER! :)

November:

Lipscomb Dodgeball... may sound silly but it's a huge deal at Lipscomb and pretty hilarious!

Lipscomb did a production of Hairspray and my roommates and I went to watch it. It was SO GOOD!!!

Nikki asked Sarah Grace and I to be BRIDESMAIDS!!!!! and of course we said YES!!!!!!!! :)


These are the precious 2nd graders I've been teaching this semester at Cole Elementary School. I have absolutely fallen in love with them! It will be so hard to leave!!!


and now I am just at home for the week because Lipscomb gets a full week for Thanksgiving break which I am SO thankful for! I've been relaxing, crafting, decorating, and sleeping! It has been so great :) Speaking of crafts, I think it's time to show yall the Christmas craft I've been working on! So I present to you......


The Picture Frame Christmas Wreath







It was so super easy to make!! All I did was paint a frame (mine was 10 x 14), string ornaments through twine and hot glue them to the back of the frame, and then cut a ribbon and make a huge bow and hot glue it on!!! I just love this and as soon as I get back to school this will be on our front door :) A picture frame as a wreath? Seems silly right? According to Pinterest, it's the trend! I drew my inspiration from here except I didn't make my ornaments like she did. I bought my ornaments and ribbon for super cheap at Michaels (love those 40% off coupons!) She also gives a tutorial if you need more direction on how to make this! :)

Well I think that's all for now, I'll try to keep this updated more regularly but between teaching, classes, and finals coming up.... it may not happen until Christmas break :) Love you all! Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment