Saturday, July 23, 2011

joy, erin condren, and my DIY pillow

Hi friends!
First, let me just tell yall, I had a FABULOUS week! When Nehemiah 8:10 says, "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."....he wasn't joking! I have felt so much joy this week that is unwavering and completely God given. LOVE IT! :)

I took the Elementary Education Content Knowledge PRAXIS today and I think I did very well! So, I'll let yall know how I did once I find out! I find out on August 12th. Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words! It means the world to me.

Another fun and exciting thing I did this week (well, in my opinion) was purchase a NEW PLANNER for the new school year!!! Let me tell you, it was QUITE the decision and debate on my part. Thankfully, I had a couple of friends at work to help me decide! I finally decided on the "2011-2012 LIFE Planner" from www.erincondren.com ...oh my goodness these planners are ADORABLE. Favorite parts include: you can choose your own colors and design for the front cover and she also PERSONALIZES it for you! I also love how it has a "morning, day, and night" section for each day. AND  it is 18 months so it will last me until December 2012. Which is GREAT! This will help bring my organization to a whole new level! EXCITED!!! My planner will look like this:


It will have this print.... with...

THESE colors! Yellow and grey of course :) Those are my favorite! Then it will have my full name on the front alternated in grey, yellow, and grey. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!


If you would like to purchase an Erin Condren planner you can do so here. Not going to lie to you guys, they're really expensive for a planner. However, I found a $10 dollar off coupon that made the price better! AND I'm going to share the coupon with all of you :) The code is "WELCOME10". Just use that at check out and your purchase will be 10 dollars cheaper!

I've also been super busy today CRAFTING!!! Ahhhhh! I have been waiting for SO LONG to finally be able to craft again. So I also have a DIY project to share with you guys! EXCITING! 

So not long ago I went thrifting in Nashville (at Music City Thirft on Nolensville) and I found this awesome pillow that was in great condition! It was very cute but just needed an extra kick! So I remembered those rolled flowers I made a couple of posts ago and thought why not put one on a pillow?! So that's exactly what I did :)


Here is one of the BEFORE images. This is the front... it is more of a Tiffany's blue although you can't really tell from the picture!

 
Here is the back of the pillow. Brown and white polka dots :) SO cute! I debated for the longest time which side to decorate and I decided on the blue side since that would match my room stuff better.

and here is the AFTER picture! It is a white rolled flower with a rhinestone in the middle. For some reason the flower looks light pink, but it is white!


Another picture of the pillow :) I am SO proud of it!


This is possibly my favorite DIY project yet. I followed the rolled flower tutorial here and it was SUPER easy! The only thing I did different to put it on the pillow was I actually made the flower on the pillow instead of making the flower in my hand and then hot gluing it to the pillow once I was done. Does that make sense? I hope so! Then at the end, I just hot glued a rhinestone in the middle! It was so easy... no sewing involved... just hot glue and an old tshirt I had in my drawer!

Price:
Pillow- $2.98
Fabric- FREE (old tshirt I had)
Materials- FREE (I already had hot glue, hot glue gun, scissors, rhinestone)

So in total this only cost me $2.98 and it is so cute! I love love love this pillow and cannot wait to use it in my apartment this coming semester :)

I hope you guys had a great week and are working on some wonderful projects! Let me know what you've been working on-- I LOVE hearing about other people's work! If you have questions about any of my projects, feel free to let me know and I will answer them! I know they can be confusing :) Love you all and thanks for reading!

1 comment: