Saturday, June 25, 2011

crafting Saturdays make me happy :)

Hello all!
WHEW what a crazy week it has been. IMPACT was this past week (a Christian camp at Lipscomb) and as much as I love it, it wears me out! I was so thankful for a restful, relaxing weekend to recharge me for the coming week.

Today has been wonderful! I woke up, ate some breakfast, watched some TV, and surfed the net for my next craft project. I came across several that I am planning on doing very soon and cannot wait to share with you guys! But for now, I have one very cute project to share that I worked on today!

I got this tutorial from Jones Design Company. If you haven't checked out her blog you will definitely want to! It's where I draw most of my inspiration from and where I get most of my tutorials and ideas from :) Anyway, today I decided to make a couple "rolled fabric flowers" and use them in multiple ways. You can find the tutorial to make your very own "rolled fabric flower" here.


First, I just grabbed an old tshirt I didn't want anymore to use as my fabric. Of course, I chose yellow. :)

Then, I followed the tutorial that you can find here to make the flower. It looks difficult but is actually SUPER easy and only takes about 5 minutes. You just twist and roll the fabric, hot gluing it down along the way. Super easy! (The tutorial I linked to has more detailed instructions).


I could have just left the flower as is and hot glued it to anything or used it as decoration. BUT I decided I wanted to make a hair pin! So I hot glued my flower onto a bobby pin and stuck it in my hair!


Photography done by my sweet sister, baby Shawn. I then decided to make another one using other fabric I just had lying around my room. The flower below is smaller and thicker but I like it! I can't decide what I want to do with it yet. Use it as decoration? Make another hair pin? Add it to a belt? Glue it to a pin and wear it on my shirt? Put it on my purse? The possibilities as endless with these little things! You can make them bigger or smaller too depending on what you want to use them for. Jones Design Company has a ton of ideas on how you can use them too (you can find it on the tutorial).



I LOVE LOVE LOVE these little flowers and plan to use them everywhere now! They are SO easy and super fun! 

Cost: FREE (I had the fabric, scissors, and hot glue gun required to make the flower)
Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: Super easy!

What a great project :) Now go out and make your own! I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and a great rest of the weekend! I'm going to see Bad Teacher tonight with friends and am quite excited. I'll let yall know how it is! Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment